Patterson Library (Putnam County)
About the Position:
The Patterson Library Board of Trustees seeks a responsible leader who is forward-thinking, proactive, and service minded. Working with an excellent ten-member Board, the successful candidate will look to maintain and enhance established community offerings.
This active 53 hour/week public library has 7 full-time and 20 part-time dedicated and enthusiastic staff members, approximately 15,000 patrons, an annual circulation of 60,000, and extensive programming that draws over 9,000 participants. Patterson is a 501(c)(3) Association Library with 15+ years of voter-approved funding, an operating budget of $930,000, excellent community partnerships and is part of the Mid-Hudson Library System. Owner/operator of a well-maintained building and park facilities, the library averages over 66,500 visits each year.
* Master’s in Library/Information Science from an ALA accredited university
* Must have or be eligible for the NYS Public Librarian Professional Certificate
* Minimum of 5 years relevant administrative or management experience
* Must be able to pass the pre-employment screening requirements
* Excellent communication and presentation skills; willing and able to make presentations to the public, government entities and the Board
* A skilled manager of people, budgets, programs, collections, technology, and facilities
For this 35 hour/week position is commensurate with experience, with benefits available.
Qualified candidates please send your resume and cover letter electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Anticipated Start Date: October 1, 2018
The Patterson Library is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.