Date: Tuesday, December 4, 2018*
Convener: Tammy Meyers, Poughkeepsie Public Library
*Snow Date: December 11, 2018
This is a meeting for support staff at academic and public libraries in the Southeastern Region to have an open conversation and to meet each other. The agenda and meeting topics are set by the SIG participants. We will be continuing the conversation we started at the last meeting, and discussion topics could include, and are not limited to:
- Creating a networking opportunity for library staff that doesn't always have a chance to meet colleagues at other area libraries.
- Facilitating a skill share so that library staff can learn about productivity tools, best practices and other things to help with their work.
- Fostering a community to address on-the-job concerns and challenges with colleagues.
- Updating each other on regional resource sharing.
- How to address privacy concerns in the library.
- Figuring out ways to bring better customer service ideals to our workplaces.
- Sharing better ways to work with volunteers, students, and interns.
- Trying to decide when and if to pursue further study in the field.
- Advocating for more webinars, training, and regional classes as well as funding to attend them.
If you didn't make it last time, you are always welcome to join us this time! Notes from the previous meeting are on our SIG LibGuide here.
This event is free for all Southeastern members and affiliate members. (Members of members.)